|Old, made NEW|
Polenta is incredibly versatile! You can serve it creamy, or you can fry it into fritters and serve your pork on top of it, like a crunchy cornbread tostada! This recipe will make a large batch of basic corn polenta. If you want the fried fritter version, just park this recipe in your fridge overnight, then cut and fry your fritters the next day.
You Will Need:
- 1 large "Blurp" of Olive Oil
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 cup coarse ground yellow cornmeal.
- 1/2 stick butter.
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 2oz grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (the good stuff. It should not say, "Kraft" on the label)
- 1 bundle green onions finely diced
- 1 oven, pre-heated to 350 degrees F