You will need:
- A store bought graham cracker crust, or:
- 10 Graham Crackers
- 1/2 C. Shredded Coconut (lightly toasted) for sweetness (it's better than sugar)
- 6 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/2lb Large Marshmallows (That's 34 of them, by my scale)
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1Tbsp Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1 oz. High Quality Dark Chocolate
- Another 1 Cup Whipping Cream + 1/4 Cup sugar
- Handful or two of mini-marshmallows
- Colored mini-marshmallows
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Mini chocolate chips
- Toffee chips
- Oreo cookies instead of Graham Crackers
Spread the coconut out in a non-stick pan and bring the heat up to medium. Watch it carefully, and stir/toss it around the pan until the little coconut nibs start to turn a light brown. Take them out of the heat immediately to cool. Meanwhile, crush 10 whole graham crackers in a food processor (or put them in a stout plastic zip-top bag and have your kids crush them by hand; Kids have much more destructive power than a food processor). Add the melted butter and your coconut to the cracker crumbs, in a bowl, and mix them together. Spread it out in a pie pan and press it evenly around the bottom and sides. Bake it for 10 minutes at 375, and set aside.
For the pie filling, put the whole milk, and the Eagle Brand SCM in a 4qt non-stick sauce pan and add the large marshmallows. Stir continuously over Medium-high heat until it's all melted together. Turn it out of the pan and into a bowl and set it aside to cool to room temperature (at least 30 minutes).
Once the two mixtures have been folded together, shred your 1oz of chocolate into fine shavings and gently mix it into the marshmallow cream. Pour the mix into your pie shell!
It's not as sticky as you might think, and it's not too sweet, either. It goes very well with a good Champagne, according to Dr. Cindy...