"Doesn't it stick to the grill? How do you flip it over?"
"What about the skin? Should you grill it or remove it?"
"How do I know when it's done?"
"A whole filet of salmon is too expensive to ruin on a hot grill!"
You will need:
- 1 Whole Filet of Salmon (Skin ON)!
- Dry Rub for the fish (equal portions of each):
- Sea Salt
- Brown Sugar
- Smoked Paprika
- Fresh Dill (chopped fine)
- White Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Lime Juice
- NON-Stick Aluminum Foil
After 7 minutes, lift the lid and check on it. Several things are happening at this stage:
- A light crust will be developing on the top of the filet, and the rub will darken in color
- The oil will be bubbling around the edges of the fish, this is normal! The double layer of foil and the skin on the bottom of the filet will protect the meat from searing or burning.
- The meat is slowly coming up to temperature.