With a tiny bit of work, you can turn that... into THIS!! How does a big pan-load of thick hunks of bacon, flavored with maple, brown sugar, agave, and spicy Chipotle goodness sound?
You will need:
- 3lbs of Bacon ends, pieces, and random hunks
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- Generous "burp" of pure Maple Syrup
- Generous "burp" of Agave Syrup
- 2 Tsp fresh ground Black Pepper
- 3 Tsp fresh Chipotle Chili Powder
- Generous squirt of your favorite BBQ Sauce
These are amazing on just about any sammich, or just popped into your mouth. You can also chop them up and sprinkle them into salads, on top of baked potatoes, or over freshly grilled shrimp with garlic butter sauce.
NOTE: Somebody already asked me, "Can I do these in the oven if I don't have a smoker?" I suppose. Just put them into the oven at 375 for about 45 minutes. They'll still be good, just not as "smokey." This is exactly the kind of thing you can use to justify the purchase of a smoker in the future though... "But, but, honey-pookums, wouldn't you enjoy some SMOKED bacon, hmm?"