Fortunately, Egg-Beaters makes an awesome egg substitute that makes an incredible omelet and as I recently discovered, an incredible Frittata as well!
- 1 Cup Egg Beaters
- 1/2 Cup 2% or Whole Milk
- 1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 2 Fresh Jalapeno Peppers(finely diced)
- 4 Cloves Garlic (smashed and finely chopped)
- 8oz of Leftover Ham or Chicken from the Smoker, coarsely chopped (because there's no such thing as "leftover bacon")
- 1 Cup Grated Chedder Cheese
- 4 Dollops of Riccotta Cheese (optional)
- Loose Handful of Fresh Mushrooms (optional)
- 10" Cast Iron Skillet (or oven safe pan)
Preheat the oven to 425.
Depending on how crazy you get with the cheese, this can be a cholesterol free offering for breakfast or Brunch!